Thursday, December 16, 2010

Here We Go !


I have thought , and thought some more . . . put off . . .and even said I don't need to do a blog, there are plenty of them out here in cyber space . . . well now . . HERE WE GO ! ! I enjoy Fly Fishing and tying flies. I have a face book account David McCoy. I sponsor and support River Cleaning projects on our local rivers . . . face book, Fly fisherman of Utah's Provo River. I'm an Ambassador for William Joseph http://www.williamjoseph.net/ I'm on the Staff as a contributing Author to the magazine, Local Anglers, here in Utah. I'm the Treasurer for the UTAH STREAM ACCESS COALITION . . http://www.utahstreamaccess.org/ . . . A short background for you . . . I started fly fishing and tying flies at 8 years old . . .My dad worked for the USBR as a Hydraulic engineer doing stream and river measurements for the Central Utah Water Project . . .during some of the summer days I tagged along with fly rod in hand. I would fish, Dad would work . . .I enjoy both ! ! Midges are my Favorite to fish and to Tie ! ! More to come, but it is a start !

4 comments:

  1. That's a great midge photo. Did you take it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Brian I found it on a web search . . . I agree it kicks some A$$ I will be posting here soon a Midge pattern of mine that works GREAT , when others don't produce its called the
    " McCoy's Miricale Midge " I'm working on the Blog . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I welcome you to the blogging circut! My heart takes an extra beat when I hear the words "Midge Pattern" Looking forward to seeing you work and hearing your journeys.

    www.bigerrfish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. At Bigerrfish its in the works new to the blogger world and the new HTML programs but it will be a Pattern my dad taught me it produces when other patterns do not . . .

    ReplyDelete