Saturday, February 19, 2011

OBN and GreenFish

 “This blog entry is my submission for the GreenFish and Outdoor Blogger Network Writing Prompt Giveaway” What does sustainable fishing mean to you? What fishing practices do you engage in that help fisheries? Any other thoughts you might have on this subject? as a third generation Fly Fisherman it is quite evident that my grandpa instilled the bug into his son ( My dad ) and my Dad has instilled the bug into his son ( me )  and I have done the same to my son . . . and we will continue to do the same . . . We all have practiced catch and release , we obey all the rules and regulations of each and every water body we fish , and we always carry something back out with us that we did not bring , being a member of the Utah Stream Access Coalition here and voicing my concerns on capitol hill I brought up the fact that the water is here for all of us to use it is our responsibility to use it wisely I have been part of River cleanup projects on the Provo River here in Utah , active in the Fly Fishing community and I try to leave a small carbon footprint . . . If we all take care of what we have now it will be able to be used by our future generations and I want to be the Grandpa who did make a difference ! May we all remember this . . ." A good fish is to good to be caught just once " Journey On ! ! ~dave

1 comment: